NF4 Ultra-D: SATA BIOS settings?

If I have my RAID on SATA 1/2 and nothing connected to SATA 3/4, should I disable "Internal Phy SATA 3/4" in Genie BIOS Setting? Or leave it enabled? I do have Internal Phy SATA 3 and 4 disabled in the Integrated Peripherals->RAID Config screen.

Thanks all :)

It doesn't really matter. You're not going to save anything by disabling them I don't think because the controller is still active. It's probably more to shut off drives you don't want to use (temporarily) like if you're working on a friend's drive or somesuch.

RGone recommends to leave all sata ports on if any are used and he is pretty much always right in my experience.

Also your sig is **seriously freakin huge** try some font=1 tags in that bad boy.

edit: ok your sig is small now that I made my post never mind.

Thanks Poisonsnak. And I'm sorry about the sig size! I messed up thinking Size 7 was going to be a 7pt font. No, Size 1 is what I want indeed!

Yes, I read that same comment by RGone, which is why I decided to overcome my natural inclination to disable things. All is working so it's a non-issue for now!

Yep since I run raid and found that the 4 (all 4) sata drives must remain enabled in the IDE raid config to get raid to work without "guessing" on the NF3> I found that too be true for the NF4 as well. So I leave all sata on all the time but do disable 1394/serial port/ lan not used and anything else but I leave those sata drives/channels alone and say so just so people do not get caught where they cannot install raid.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

Thanks Poisonsnak. And I'm sorry about the sig size! I messed up thinking Size 7 was going to be a 7pt font. No, Size 1 is what I want indeed!

Yes, I read that same comment by RGone, which is why I decided to overcome my natural inclination to disable things. All is working so it's a non-issue for now!