What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

Well this is what I ordered Saturday morning. So hopefully I'll be running an new Enermax in a few days. :nod:

1- DFI Lan Party NForce4 SLI-DR Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE/PCI-E/SATA/DDR/ATX 64 939

1- AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB (939)

2- eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB GDDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)

1- Enermax Noisetaker EG701AX-VE-SFMA ATX 2.0 w/SLI Support 600W Power Supply

1- Thermalright XP-120 AMD Athlon 64/Opteron/Intel 478 Heatsink

What RAM are you planning on running?

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.....

still using a 20 pins PSU for now......

..... but it seems that my "used to be fantasic" BeQuiet blackline 520W (28A on 12v single rail"ed") may be my main problem to get a "real" overclock:

but I count on you to confirm that.....

here is what makes me worried:

- I'm absolutely not able to be stable @ more than 2.52 GHz (fsb 280*9) - but my cpu is "said" (in fact this cpu is from a grouped order of the same stepping) to be stable between 2.6-2.7.... @ 1.6v....

... I'm stuck on fsb 280.... it's perfectly stable (folding @ home 24/7 without any erros for more than 3 weeks now...).... but as soon as I go to fsb 281.... no boot at all in the worst case.... prime fails in 1 sec in the best case...

- my ram runs definitively too hot @ ddr500.... even @ 2.6v, it is VERY HOT.... almost too hot to touch... (which gives me errors when not cooled @ ddr500)..... but my ram handled ddr520 2.5-2-2-8 @ 2.8v whout any problems (and wasn't cooled) on my previous msi k8n.... memtest 12Hours "certified"..... the 03/10 bios didn't solve the problem....

- on my previous rig (newcastle 3000+ @ 2.45 on a msi k8n....)...the air that was exhausted from the psu wasn't even warm.... now it's hot...

can you tell me if I'm right or wrong to say it's a psu issue???

if my psu is the problem, i'm loking for a new one.... and I found that:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-65zf.htm

what do you think of it?

Thanks a lot :)

dont go by what someone else tells you they got your cpu to overclock to, or by what someone in a forum says a certain stepping will do.

ViperJohn and I found out that this is not always true. He and I had the exact 3500+ cpu with same week code, stepping, etc, and mine EASILY hits 2750Mhz, and his wont do over 2600Mhz.

read the Critical sticky at the top about power supplies. Then read the other sticky up there about power supplies started by AndyOCZ.

dont go by what someone else tells you they got your cpu to overclock to, or by what someone in a forum says a certain stepping will do.

well.... I know that :)

but I've never seen any cpu that goes from "absolutely 100% rock stable" @ fsb280 to "awfully unstable" @ fsb281.... that's why "I want to belive" :nod:

read the Critical sticky at the top about power supplies. Then read the other sticky up there about power supplies started by AndyOCZ.

Thanks a lot.... I've read these two already :) ....

In fact I'm just asking for a confirmation before buying another 150+ Euro PSU.... :nod:

Do you consider this one to be "enough" ???

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-65zf.htm

as It perfectly fits my "optional" needs : 2*pci-e, 4*sata, thermal fan control etc.....

...I'm wondering if the specs are worth the price :confused:

specs on it look real good

but

i have never owned a Silverstone psu (or any Silverstone product) so i can only judge by what the specs show.

ok so the specs are good.... I'm quite happy to hear that :) (I'm not used to split 12v rails psus.... for now.....)

for informative purposes:

silverstone basically makes High-End (incredibly good looking and really functionnal.... but expensive) cases, and fanless (but very expensive) PSUs...

just take a close look at their cases lineup on their website.... I bet you'll want to change your case soon... :shake:

I began to look their products a few month ago when considering my Sonata to be a bit too tight.... and I know my next case will be this one:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj05.htm

concerning this PSU, I'll wait for a review to confirm it's reliability and performances, but I'm pretty sure I won't be disapointed... as the few silverstone fanless psu reviews I've read were very positive...... This one may have the potential to play on OCZ's ground :angel:

again, thanks a lot for the time you spend here to help others....... really...

ive seen a couple users with the Silverstone case, but i have no urge to purchase one myself. I am waiting to afford a Coolermaster Stacker since it will work best with my DangerDen watercooling setup (recommended by Rokk @ DangerDen himself)

i dont doubt they make good products simply because of the good feedback about their cases...psu's though I usually have to try myself before i am convinced (regardless of the # of reviews)

I'm lovin this PSU! Quiet, pretty, and stable so far. Only 2 minor complaints:

1. like someone else mentioned earlier, the cables are very stiff and a pain to work with.

2. Only 1 floppy connector was provided, and since i have a floppy drive, i don't have a flobby connector plugged into the board. i guess i need to get a splitter.