nF4 Ultra-D - Curiosity killed my wallet.

spdiscus

I'm looking for ideas on overclock-friendly RAM, CPU and motherboard. Anything from the last 2 to 3 years.

Backstory:

So, my 3500+ is rockin' at stock, and all, but I'd like to really push something...hard. This particular 3500+ starts coughing up blood around 262x10 (19% o/c). I'd like to build another rig (DFI, of course), but I want some older, cheaper components just to play around with. What would people suggest for an all-time overclockable CPU? Mobo?

3000+ Newcastle?

3200+ Newcastle?

nF3 250?

Abit (from the Wu days)???

What it comes down to is this: I'm addicted, and I want to push something until it screams "uncle" loud enough for the whole forum to hear. Naturally, I'm looking at older components (for fiduciary risk reasons). Total speed isn't the issue...I'm looking for relative overdrive. I don't care if it tops out and is still slower than my current rig. I just want to see something go 20+% over stock.

I'll pound on it for a while, and give it to a family member. Maybe even try for the coveted toaster.

What have you overclocked and liked? What have you overclocked and busted? What got you started on this whole hardware fetish?