Irql_not_less_or_equal ????

jaap74

ed , that is 1.7 in the bios.

What is your max mhz at 1.6V as I would like to know if I will be stable at lower Vcore for the same mhz with water cooling.And how is that 570J ES.

The 1.6 in my sig is also in the bios but in windows (cpu-z and winbond HM ) the vcore goes from 1.58 -1.5V at full load at that setting. I cant remember if it gets as low as 1.488.

Full load temps at 1.6Vcore at full load and the fans on low are 50-53C.

Also at 1.7V the fets are not sinked yet but with the second 120mm fan the fets are never more than 45C at full load.

I was not going to do the droop mod but then noticed my warranty is no good if I,m using the beta bios at all.So mabye I will try the mod this week.For mods like that I aways use 3-pin fan plugs so I can unplug them or change to a different timmer pot .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using cmos reloaded I didnt notice that I had " fine tune memory timings enabled " so after disabling it I ran 1 hour full load with no errors and no throttleing at 1.675Vcore at 4.32Ghz.

I am now at 1.72Vcore at 275fsb(4400mhz) full load and 58-60C and about 20% throttle.

ed , that is 1.7 in the bios.

What is your max mhz at 1.6V as I would like to know if I will be stable at lower Vcore for the same mhz with water cooling.And how is that 570J ES.

The 1.6 in my sig is also in the bios but in windows (cpu-z and winbond HM ) the vcore goes from 1.58 -1.5V at full load at that setting. I cant remember if it gets as low as 1.488.

Full load temps at 1.6Vcore at full load and the fans on low are 50-53C.

Also at 1.7V the fets are not sinked yet but with the second 120mm fan the fets are never more than 45C at full load.

I was not going to do the droop mod but then noticed my warranty is no good if I,m using the beta bios at all.So mabye I will try the mod this week.For mods like that I aways use 3-pin fan plugs so I can unplug them or change to a different timmer pot .

The ES is ok thanks :) It would be better on an 925EX or the new 955X boards coming out, which I might have to get. I am running 4.4 right now 17X259 at 1.6vcore in bios. The higher I go with the FSB I loose some of the overclock. I cannot run 16X275 but 16X270 seems to work ok. I should up the multi to 19 and see where the actual max of the chip is. When I first got it I ran it at 4.6, cannot remember the vcore though, and started dual prime but it rebooted in a couple minutes.

Like I said this chip would be great on the 925XE or 955X chipsets for like 14X315 :nod: but I have to hold off on any big purchases cause the wife and I have our FIRST BABY ON THE WAY :cool: Time to spoil someone else besides myself and my wife. LOL!!

Congrats on the first baby!!!Cool.

That 4200 should do 277 or 280 on this board, what are you using to cool it? Mines not platinum and it will do 277 @ 2.9V and 2.5-4-4-7 stabe with a fan at the bottom but only 266 -70 without.

955X? Will that support dual core.I hope the older chipsets will run the dual core.

Thanks a lot guys!!! I am very excited!!

As far as I know and have heard, the older chipsets including the 915 and 925 WILL NOT support dual core. Only the new 945 and 955 will support it.

There is something strange going on with this board and my ram :confused: I think the NB is getting too hot, I have a fan mounted on the stock heatsink. I was going to put my NB waterblock on but I HATE how it can rock around so I didn't. I have a NB-1C block but I don't like how that mounts on this board either so I will live with what I got until I upgrade :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ed, the one thing I have learned about the Swiftech NCW20 NB block is to not use the supplied capped-nuts with it. Use a like pitched nut without the cap with a small drop of red threadlock on the threads. I am able to snug the springs down a bit more and it keeps the block from moving at all.

Another trick I tried was using the AMD brackets bolted to the block. It worked as well, but was rather tricky getting the nuts threaded on due to the angle at which the bolts were.

Guest hovo73

I had the same problem, in my case it turned out to be Nvidia Network Access Control Software. After trying everything I could have think of I removed it and the BSODs are gone.

I had the same problem, in my case it turned out to be Nvidia Network Access Control Software. After trying everything I could have think of I removed it and the BSODs are gone.

That may be true on the nVidia side of life, but not on the Intel based platforms. :)

Ed, the one thing I have learned about the Swiftech NCW20 NB block is to not use the supplied capped-nuts with it. Use a like pitched nut without the cap with a small drop of red threadlock on the threads. I am able to snug the springs down a bit more and it keeps the block from moving at all.

Another trick I tried was using the AMD brackets bolted to the block. It worked as well, but was rather tricky getting the nuts threaded on due to the angle at which the bolts were.

Thanks Ace. I might have to try that ;)

Guest hovo73
That may be true on the nVidia side of life, but not on the Intel based platforms. :)

Right .... sorry didn't notice he had Intel ...