[RESOLVED]USED XP-PROCESSOR>> Duron Processor Problem with Ultra

Hi guys, thats my first post here. Well, after reading inumerous reviews and testimonials about this board i decided do buy it.

I instaled all my hardware on it:

Duron 1GHZ (changing to Mobile 2400+ (35W) next week)

GF4 MX440 AGP 8X

128 MB PC2100 (samsung chips)

512 MB PC2100 (dont know the chips, but it looks good)

Maxtor 40GB ATA 133 7200 RPM

LG CD-Rom

LG Combo 48x24x48x16

Well, i installed all and had sure all was really well done before connecting the PSU plug to the board. After turning the system on, it receives anergy, CPU and VGA coolers work, CPU Heatsink gets hot, so its working, all drives turns on, but i dont have any video signal, my monitor keeps flashing the green light and nothing happens.

Tried everything, switching memories modules from one bank to another, reinstalled the processor and cooler, left only one memory module, nothing works. Just to assure the problem wasnt on my old hardware, i mounted all again on my old ASUS A7S333 and all worked fine, no problems at all.

Well guys, want can it be, want can i do to try to solve this?? Im so excited with my new MB and so pissed cause i want to run my system on it.

Thx for everyone that post here.

Originally posted by RGone

Been thru this a few times in the forums but I don't think Durons boot up.

RGone...

Well, i asked on a brasilian forum and someone told me that he had the same Duron and got 1300 MHZ on it with this motherboard.

Are you sure they dont boot??

Originally posted by Wolverine26

Well, i asked on a brasilian forum and someone told me that he had the same Duron and got 1300 MHZ on it with this motherboard.

Are you sure they dont boot??

I think I've read... maybe twice... about someone who got it to work. It seems to be pretty hit or miss... but then again I don't see too many people trying to use a duron with an Infinity.

I'd clear cmos and try it again with one stick of memory. If it still doesn't work.... I'd wait for the mobile before doing any more troubleshooting.