Its OFFICIAL!

Guest ZigZag_merged

Guest Savage

Yeah I was a little torn on which PSU to get at first. I was going to get an Enermax Noisetaker 470, but then when I saw how popular the FSP 530 was at this site and others, I knew that it was probably a safe bet.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I checked the wiring one more time and everything looks kewl. I also wiggled the PCI cards a little more and yes use the screw hole to secure em.

The drive rails are pretty nifty for CD-ROMs swap-outs. I like to use those CoolerMaster Aluminum drive covers for the final touch, and am finding it's difficult to get them flush with the blank panels due to the design.

The system temps seem to be consistently lower with the Temjin. I think it may be difficult to evaluate temps since the sensors are mounted in a different orientation from the other cases.

My son's buddies think the new case is "kickaz" so I guess I'm not the only one who likes the looks. I added some green EL tape around the window area and will try to post some pics soon.

Originally posted by ZigZag

About 12 c higher on cpu, 3-4 c higher on PWMIC & system.

I run a cheapo TT Silent Boost K8 hsf & with this wind tunnel my temps are lower then an XP-120 with a delta.

But the case is 31 lbs loaded. You need a psu with long cabling, but you can hide 90% of the wires behind mobo tray. Makes for a neat interior.

Thats one incredible drop on cpu temps.. :)

Now I want that case even more.. but I just got my cc bill from xmas and all the toys I bought for myself..lol..

I think im gona make a side door fan ducting to my cpu this week.

:nod:

Guest ZigZag
Originally posted by THunDA

Thats one incredible drop on cpu temps.. :)

Now I want that case even more.. but I just got my cc bill from xmas and all the toys I bought for myself..lol..

I think im gona make a side door fan ducting to my cpu this week.

:nod:

Its possible to make one yourself. J-Bo at amdmb dot com (pc per) made one in a TT Tsunami.

He used cdr plastic from the blank roms on the spindle he says. No clue how he did it? It would take a few I imagine. Just make sure they are he11a tight around the fan grill. I think his was only one way though, intake onto cpu area.

I splurged on a TJ06 myself as well...LOVE it. Now that I'm tinkering around with OCing my 6800nu, I gotta try and figure out some ideas on cooling the rest of the enclosure. CPU temps are AMAZING, but I'm a little bit worried about the rest of the case, seeing as how there's one 80mm intake and the only exhaust is the PSU. Luckily my Fortron Blue Storm has 120mm fan, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have the only exhaust mounted so high

Guest ZigZag
Originally posted by coloursinmyhead

yeah but because of the orientation of the PSU fan, all the video card heat has to pass through the hard drives first, which worries me.

No worry, the front intake fan (the upper one, the 80mm) is drawing air in & helping the BFG 6800 gt oc get the hot air up to bottomside of psu to be exhausted. Its ideal, unless u are running many hd's.

You could always hack off the plastic 80 mm fan housing (the small part that isn't really needed to hold the fan, its just in the way)

Guest ZigZag

Never took mine off but if it EVER gets hot (system temp) I plan on taking a small hacksaw blade & gettin that little piece off.

Guest JungleMan

Finally more people are seeing what truly amazing cases SilverStone makes. I've had experience with every one of their Temjins except the TJ-06 (the TJ-02 is just a silver version of the TJ-04), and they're sweet.