infinity 865pe

Hello. This is my first build, and i have a p4 3.2ghz prescott, infinity 865pe, 1gb mushkin pc3200 ram. I am transplanting my old hard drives from my old computer into this one. I only plugged in the one that has windows on it. When I turn on the computer, everything works and it recognizes my hard drive, but i have to press F1 to continue. Then, a screen pops up in which it asks me to either start Windows normaly or in Safe Mode. I tried both, but after I chose one, the computer restarts. Any help? I have the hard drive set to the first thing it reads. Thank you.

ok i found the cd's and put my HD back into my old computer. I then reformatted on there. I then put the HD back into my new computer, and now when i try to start it it goes to a blue screen that tells me to check for viruses or check my hard drives if this has happened to me before. any help?

How did you get this copy of Windows? If it came with your old system it is probably a restore CD and it will not work. You need a retail copy. Maybe you can elaborate on the screen you are seeing or maybe snap a quick pic with a camera?

yeah they were VAIO disks, we just bought windows xp off newegg to reinstall on the HDD for 90 bucks... can you install windows on an HD that already has windows on it, then delete the old version, even though they are both XP?