Cannot install drivers on PRO875B motherboard

I recently purchased a LP PRO875B rev. B motherboard. The utility CD I recieved with the board does not work, when I put it into my computer (or any other computer for that matter) I get the message "System cannot recognize disk..."

The utility disk I recieved with the board reads:

"LANPARTY UT UTILITY CD

nF3 250Gb Ver.001"

Is this even the right disk for my board?

I have already gone to the DFI website to download the appropriate drivers for the motherboard. Specifically I have downloaded:

CMEDIAWDM-51201042 (audio driver),

INF_502-1002 (Intel INF utility),

LP875LANALL (lan driver),

The audio driver and the INF driver installed with no problems, the ethernet driver however will not install, after I hit the install button I get the message "Windows cannot find 'APPSSETUPSetupBDW98-WS32SetupBD.exe"

To try and get around this error I tracked down a copy of SetupBD.exe and created the appropriate path with the install files for the ethernet adapter. After making this change I tried to install the drivers and recieved a different error "The application has failed to start because Netinst.dll was not found."

I am kind of at a loss as to what I should do to get my ethernet adapter up and running so any help would be appreciated.

yep that is the incorrect driver disk for your motherboard. hit the email link in my sig and i'll get donna to send you teh correct driver disk ;)

as for your LAN driver, it sounds like the win98 driver is what you downloaded...but far as i know it should be the same package that contains the win98/2k/xp driver.

since you got a comp running, let me know if you have MSN and add me:

[email protected]

and I will send you the correct driver right off the cd-rom ;)

that should hold ya together until the right driver disk gets there ;)

• 3 years later...