XP to XP-M conversion

purist

http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041001/index.html

This article tells how to convert an Athlon XP to an XP mobile. Anyway, has anyone used this to create a more stable XP chip at otherwise XP-M only clock speeds?

Does this conversion force the XP chip to require less voltage to run its stock clock speed (or overclocked speeds for that matter)?

This must have been tried before. What are the findings?

The mobile coversion mod is primarily used to convert factory locked chips to mobiles, so that users can use AMDs powernow! feature to change multiplyers in software. I am not sure if hardlocked chips with this mod can do hardware level multiplyer cahnges. I do not believe this would be of any good to you because you already run the 10x multi (Is that stock or lowered?)

that is lowered. stock is 10.5.

I guess the only way it would be beneficial is if all of a sudden it made the chip run at a lower "required" voltage. Meaning, I could obtain the same clock that I'm at now only it would be with a lower voltage ( like a real mobile chip does it!) and therefore more stable.

Is this correct? Is my thinking right? Will my chip always be forced to be a 1.65 volt chip (stock voltage) or will this mod force it to run stable at 1.45(stock mobile voltage)?

It sure would be great to have a toaster sig with a 3000 chip!

Chris