Slow windows starts

Im currently running my PC on default settings because I got tired of all the problems I encountered. All the problems were solved, except 1. When my PC was overclocked, there were times that the initial start of windows (just after booting into windows) would come down to a crawl. Its so slow that my smart guardian would only load up after 15-30 seconds. I cannot access any program during this 15-30 sec lull. I cant even open the 'my computer' icon. But this does not happen always, sometimes the computer is snappy after windows loads, but most of the time its in this slow state. I dont have any programs that autoload except smart guardian.

I had set my PC back to default settings and reformatted my PC, but the initial slow start is still there. Anybody encountered this irritating problem? Help!

You might want to try the 10/15 bios & do a freash install. The Sata bios in that bios is much faster but a freash install might be needed to work. But you will find that it boots much faster.

You dont have norton antivirus on there do you, or any other firewall. A firewall will drive it crazy with the built in Nvida firewall that it has. Hardware & software firewwalls dont like to mix.

SJ

I have had this problem in the past with several boards, and it always turned out to be network related. Check your event viewer if you are using XP. seems that sometimes my Motorola cable modem was not compatable with the sytem, and a resetting of the modem and a repair process of the network connection fixed it. go figure.