Upgrading from NF2 LP/B to NF3/250GB

I've got a DFI NF3/250GB motherboard, a Athlon64 3200+, and a Thermalright XP-90 heatink in my grimy little hands and will be installing it later tonight into my main box (which is running XP loaded up on a WD Raptor on the SIL3114 SATA interface).

I was wondering if anyone knows if I will require a re-install of XP for the SATA support, or if I can just plug the HD in and go. I'm not running the drive RAIDed at all at the moment.

I just installed my nF3 250Gb board yesterday. Upgraded from an nForce2 board with a single SATA drive. Booted right up into windows 1st time, seemed totally functional. Next thing I did was reboot, flash BIOS and re-format the HD though :) Didn't want to have to worry about legacy stuff hanging around costing me performance.

I did the same thing by pre-building XP on my LP Ultra B system. Before I shut down for the last time, I un-installed all of the system specific devices.

Once the new system was built, I booted from the drive and XP found all of the new devices without an error. I installed the SATA driver then imaged to my Maxtor SATA.

I was done in just about an hour including the drive image. So far, so good.