[RESOLVED] HOOK-UP THE DANG P4/4PIN CONN>> VCore-Problem with La

The 4pin connector is a must, it feeds the CPU with its own voltage, which could pull down a 12v rail without it hooked up.

Also you need to check with a DVOM to be sure of exact voltage, the desktop monitoring software will not read right, bios could read wrong also.

The TP 480 Antec would probably be border line PSU for the a64 & high power Vid Card.

Thats not to say that there are some 350 or such that will not do the job. I have seen a few out there having such as 380 and others that worked fine. It depends on the brand & build.

SJ

Originally posted by Samurai Jack

The TP 480 Antec would probably be border line PSU for the a64 & high power Vid Card.

SJ

That and add the fact that the Corsair Hydrocool runs off the 12V line too ( nagybalfasz_b)

.....I just don't think your PS can cut it.

Originally posted by New-B

That and add the fact that the Corsair Hydrocool runs off the 12V line too ( nagybalfasz_b)

.....I just don't think your PS can cut it.

I didnt notice that, well i didnt know the Corsair ran off the PSU. But if so very good point.

SJ

The 4 pin power connector :eek:

The Intel-guys are used to it, but if someone like me comes from AMD XPs, you don´t even notice that cable on the PSU ;)

Oh man...thanks for the advice Samurai Jack! That was the problem! Really amazing, that the system was nontheless stable with all the little things connected to it :) I mean the 3400+ running at 2520 MHz with 1.475V VCore and Corsair Hydrocool, Radeon 9800 Pro, 3 HDDs, 2 DVD-drives and three PCI-cards. Wow!!

Now with the connector plugged I´m at 2640 [email protected] VCore :)

Now I can of course set a higher voltage for the RAM as well, so higher FSBs are the next :) Thanks a lot!