AGP settings

Cainfoo

Hi all,

Today I was playing with modded Nvidia grapics drivers. I was trying the Omega 1.5672a version. When I went to the advanced settings and then to AGP properties it shows my video card as 8x but it show the os as 2x. Is there something I have set incorrectly. Oh yes I have the new coolbits2 installed also. I don't understand why it shows this way. Is there any software test that will show what it is actually running???Thanks for any input you all my have!

Kevin

Thank you for the info. I have used Sandra for a long time. I have an older version than the one you gave me the link to. I guess the only thing I am not sure of with programs like Sandra is does it just look at the bios and see the 8x setting or does it actually check it somehow. I am sure it is running at 8x or my video performance would probably be much slower. It just seem wierd that the Nvidia settings page shows the OS is only capable of 2x. But I will download the version you sent me the link to and see what she shows me. Thanks again!

Kevin

Sure no problem. As a matter of fact your question is what prompted me to see what version was available. (I reinstall so my O/S so often I sometimes forget about good utilities to install) The video system module is the one to show you what agp transfer rate it is actually being used right now and not just the available ones. Just make sure it is set to video adapter tab.