problems with warm reboots

Hello,

I'm new to the forums here, but not new to PC building/overclocking. I've always been an Asus or Abit guy, mostly Abit. My NF7-S died last week so I picked up the Infinity (in my sig). It's running fine, passed Memtest86 for 16 hours and Prime95 for 22 hours. It seems very stable. Only problem is I'm having problems warm booting the PC. When I restart the PC after running for a while, it won't come up. I get no video no beeps. If I just hit the reset switch it will almost always go and reboot normally. I've read that this is an issue with this board. Is that true? I have the 6/19/04 BIOS. Is there a fix for this problem or did I get a dud mobo? If this is a known issue and there's no fix, I am returning this otherwise fine motherboard and get me another Abit.

Thanks.

Mr. Crow

First of all, welcome to the forums. You are in the company of fellow crazies. :)

I can see by the specs in your rig that you ain't new to overclocking. 2600 on air stable is pretty dang good. But it's also pushing the system quite a bit. The upper end of most air-cooled mobiles

I think it may be having warm boots due to the high overclock of your system as I have experienced this occassionally myself. I'd be interested if it lessens or disappears at a lower MHz.

It seems not to occur or certainly very seldoim in my boards that are war-modded. Maybe a Vcore default and an L12 would help. Certainly couldn't hurt in any way.

Although that bios (6/19) cures most of the cold boot issues, there are some betas (1/21 is pretty friendly) that seem to lessen or cure warm boot issues for some. Hellfire has some interesting mods out as well. GL

I was getting occacional warm boots.. well couple times a night sometimes.. I then did the 'warmod' and also the L12 ( just did that cuz it cant hurt and it was already apart..hehe ) Since that I havent had any boot problems at ALL... only like one or two but that was me pushing my Biatch too much.. ;)

edit..

Oh yea welcome to DFI street :)

And if your interested in how to do the 'warmod' check this thread out..

warmod

Hang in there Mr. Crow.... all is not lost.

The BIOS version 1/21 has resolved this boot

problem for some folks when all else failed.

As stated above, the wire mod trick is also very

beneficial for a solution and easy to accomplish.

Personally, I couldn't solve the boot problem completely

until I moved to a PCP&C or a Fortron/Sparkle PSU.

Pops.

Hi guys

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I've seen references to this wire/war mod & L12, but I cant for the life of me find any info on these in the forum. I'm having cold booting problems and would like to try a mod if it will fix it for me.

Could some one point me in the right direction on how to accomplish the mod please?

Originally posted by FreddyK

Could some one point me in the right direction on how to accomplish the mod please?

See my post above for linkage.. :rolleyes:

Its very easy and has made me love my dfi even more now that she boots every time.. :)