nForce2 Tweaker V0.2 - Online

The last pages of this thread are dedicated almost entierly on my problem with breaking the 200Mhz FSB barrier with my LP B mobo.

After crazy experiments like this:

Zlepseni%20NB%20heatsinku6.jpg

I, recently added (finally) a waterblock on my NB chip:

0109_small.jpg

...and hoped seriously to be able to use higher FSB that 200Mhz w/o sound distortion at all.

On 228x11 (2508Mhz) is my machine entierly stable (tought it need 3V to the BH-6 Mushkin 2-2-2 rams) yet the sound still create bugs some and then and futhermore - when I play Doom3, it end after a while. It never ever happen on 200Mhz, but it DO happen when I try 202Mhz.

Since I tried even chipset at 1,9V and rams at 3,3V and it did not improve, I just want to say that I have the last idea what could cause it - the damn soundcard! :rolleyes: Probably the Audigy2zs is somewhat crappy, and refuse to work on higher FSB?

Even my AGP/PCI clocks are exactly 66/33Mhz - locked and set from auto to 66Mhz for theAGP and PCI is always half of this...

I don't know about anything else I could do - just nothing else could come to my mind... :(

For the record - I tried increase the PCI latency from 32 to 64, 96 and 160mS and no difference. Same I tried together/separately with the AGP - from 32 to 64 to 128 and for both, controler AND the bus.

Since I still lack the testing LP B mobo working (SAEeeeeee! the mosfets I need!) and I also lack second Audigy2zs, I can't say for sure WTF is going on, yet I do believe that THIS bug has to do something with the audigy, because I also have, even at 200Mhz, the pause-sound bug with AC3 filter and movies (payuse and quickly unpause movie with AC3/DTS stream cause some sound distortions, sometimes even noise into all channels instead of sound...) ...

Tought it not happens with PowerDVD or WinDVD audio filters, it might still be, that AC3 filter goes more directly to the hardware and stress it more, so...

Theories, theories.

In short, I thinking about buying a new soundcard :P

Thinking about the crazy expensive X-Fi, but no-one seems selling it - especially not with the need dock for speakers/mic for game talk - there, damn. Maybe a little help come handy :P

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are these all the timings avilable on the lanpartyinfinity? i would lke to adjust more timings but my U400S-AL dont have those in the bios :).

Charlie, those timings are available on your Ultra S-AL too, just hidden. You can change them in Windows using the nForce2 Tweaker or use WPCredit, you just can't change them in the Bios.

well, i guess its time to order an extra bios chip for the U400S from tmod along with a replacment for my asus :). and then i will try my best to hack and slash through my bios :D.

im positive i can do it, after all i have jumped big hurdles before (hehe, may be in over my head). just wish i had acess to drive strengths and slew thingies, mabye they will be an option in a future realse?

just wish i had acess to drive strengths and slew thingies

And for what purpose, might I ask? :confused: I did not fiddle with these anyway, auto seems to work best and I have NO IDEA, what they are for. If you can explain, well, I might consider tweaking them :D

Okey, dokey, but - what it do? ;) I mean -the function. How you set it, to work or some info like this :)

WinXP SP2 and nForce2 tweaker

Curse the damn SP2, curse them!!!

First - there you can download nForce2 tweaker, a usefull (highly) tool for professional (do NOT tweak if you don't know what you are doing!!!) overclockers:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/attachment.php?postid=379291

It does run on any chipset, just don't try the button Set, please.

As you can see, it is a zip archive and containing the IO.DLL file. Nothing wrong with it, just copy it to the system32 directory and it will run - except you are running on the damned XP SP2 crap.

Win2k SP2/3 and WinXP SP1 run fine, but SP2 complain:

IO.DLL_permission.gif

Well, Im admin and why in the name of God I can't run normal software, that is beyond my understanding. Can anyone enlighten me, how to make THIS work? :confused:

I understand that it probably require some tweaking of the security settings, but hey - what to do? I don't like the idea of installing XP SP1 just to make it work, so I hope someone can help me to archive the goal quicker.

Thanks for helpfull responses - and if some explaination WHY this is happening will be done - the better.

PS. I tried register the dll:

regsvr32 windownssystem32IO.DLL

...but it does not work/help at all...

Help??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

well, i guess its time to order an extra bios chip for the U400S from tmod along with a replacment for my asus :). and then i will try my best to hack and slash through my bios :D.

im positive i can do it, after all i have jumped big hurdles before (hehe, may be in over my head). just wish i had acess to drive strengths and slew thingies, mabye they will be an option in a future realse?

You can, with WPCredit... I mapped the Chipset Registers using it myself a couple of weeks ago and created a list as to which offset controls what, and these are the ones that control Drive Strengths & Slew Rates.

Drive Strengths & Slew Rates

Ram Function #4

60-05 = Drive Strength 1

60-07 = Drive Strength 2

70-0D = Drive Strength 3

60-04 = Skew Rate 1

60-06 = Skew Rate 2

70-0C = Skew Rate 3

Not sure how safe it is to change Drive Strengths & Slew Rates from within Windows with it though, i never tried it myself, might be a bit risky...

I do see a benefit from manually setting my Drive Strengths myself.

On Auto it defaults to DS=4 SR=11 on double sided ram sticks and DS=2 SR=11 on single sided ram sticks. With my OCZ Winbond double sided sticks i'm currently using DS=3 SR=11. Thats also what Abits default to on double sided sticks btw...

I use nForce2 Tweaker with XP SP2 no problem Trodas, i don't even have to manually copy the .dll file anymore like i used too, i put that down to a recent update maybe?