Foam In Loop...

Onion

I redid my loop last night and used a bit (really tiny amount, about the size of a small led tops) to help slide my tubes onto my pump (1/2 od perfect seal barbs on pump, 7/16 id tubing). It was hard enough to get them on with the soap, but this morning I filled up my loop and as soon as I turned it on to fill and purge bubbles it started foaming! How can I empty it? I already tried with the tline but it barely does anything because it is the lowest point in the loop (along with the pump). Ill attach a picture in a minute of how the loop looks like now.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I cant empty it though because the tline is at the lowest point and cant be turned upside down. I might be able to cut a piece of tube off and put it back on but I think it is too short to do that now.

bite the bullet and undo the hose clamp at the T and be ready for the inevitable gush of soapy fluid lol...

getting 7/16 over a D5 is one of the hardest things I've done with a computer ever... it's semi-possible if you have a mug of boiling water, and dip the hose in the hot water to soften the end, like an inch or less, and then wrestle it onto the pump before the hose cools down...

Dang, that will be messy lol...oh well...

Btw mine isnt a D5, its mcp-655-b lol. What I did to get it on was take needle nosed pliers, try to open them as wide as they can go (hard as hell) and quickly jam it on the barb with the soap that I pre-applied.

Btw mine isnt a D5, its mcp-655-b

I'm pretty sure it goes like this:

Swiftech MCP-655B = Laing D5

Swiftech MCP-655 = Laing D5 Vario

For the record, when I said I put 7/16 on a D5, I was talking about my MCP-655, which is the D5 Vario, which only differs from yours as mine has the speed control... the barbs are identical lol

Don't use lubricant lol... just boiling water to soften, and then patience and determination

Aw crap, I am really screwed this time, I tried yanking the tube off most of the barbs in my pc and they are stuck on there! It is like those chinese finger things where the harder you pull the more it gets stuck!

Ah crap...I got the tubing on and redid everything, but it got a little bit of foam inside still once I refilled...how can I take the tubing off the barbs without cutting anything, or taking the barbs off? I have 1/2 od barbs and 7/16 id tubing.