8800 Gts Sli Up And Running

Ordered a second evga 8800gts 320mb and another 2gb of ram. The ram gives me BSOD when i use it with my other ram but seems to work fine when its alone, I will probably rma it. But the SLI seems to be working fine. I was surprised to see that you can only use one monitor in SLI mode, but its easier than I had expected to turn it on and off.

I noticed the biggest improvement in COD4 which already ran good, but now runs at about double fps. Counter strike also jumped up like crazy. 3d mark 2k6 jumped from 11k to 14k. World of Warcraft seems slightly better, but not much. CNC 3 seems to not support SLI at all which is lame because its the most graphics intense game I play.

I'm gunna have to give Crysis another shot now, maybe it will now be playable on settings that don’t make it look like quake II.

I have heard there are different modes of SLI visual indicators, does anyone know how to change it?

Edited by invidious

I have heard there are different modes of SLI visual indicators, does anyone know how to change it?

You can download nHancer and turn on the loading bars from inside nHancer. You should also be able to enable the loading bars directly from nVidia drivers as well. Select the SLI tab and you should see enable load bars as an option.

You may also want to use nHancer to manage your SLI game profiles as well. nHancer works much better than nVidia's game profile manager.

While looking at the nvidia control panel look at the top, choose 3D settings, then Show SLI visual indicators. Then depending on the SLI mode the game's running in the appropriate indicator will display.