Sound Question Please Help!

Arski

Hey, I just got a new headset for my computer. When im playing Counter-Strike People Say i sound very fuzzy like there lots of backround sound. I know it isnt the mic because i have one my friend has and he sounds normal and I returned my old when because it did the same thing. Can it be my onboard sound? or my setting on my sound panel. I use Abit Nf7-s onboard. I updated to recent drives. Should i get a new sound card Please help!??

• 3 months later...

well its possible that its your soundcard... onboard devices arnt that good. also it could be your internet connection slowing things down and making certin features chopy like the audio including the mic or your computer if its not that good could cause the same problem that a slow internet connection would

Does the *fuzzy* sound only occur during CS play? If so it could be a sound setting within CS. Try to decrease your audio settings from full to standard or basic within DirectX diagnostic tool (go to your start menu,run,type dxdiag then the sound tab and decrease it to standard. Then test your audio

Try the headset with another system, if the *fuzzy* sound occurs you may want to replace your headset.

I remember I had an Axis-502 headset that only lasted for about 5 months and the wires were crap, still cant believe I payed $10 for them err :(