What Are These Called?

I was opening my case last night and the little green wire that says "power LED" came off. It's the one on the left:

28i6kyc.jpg

Now my computer won't start, even though the little green wire wasn't the power button! The other two re "H.D.D. LED" (the orange one on the right) and "power SW" (little black button). Is there any way I can get another one of these wire...things? The thought of having a PC not work over such a tiny little wire (what's it called, anyway?) is making me hyperventilate.

Hmm, if I understand you correctly; one of the LED leads is broken but the power switch is still connected. In a pinch, you can unplug the power sw connector the short the headers with a screwdriver or something. Sites like frozencpu sell replacement power swatches and stuff like that.

Follow the wire from the broken LED to the motherboard and take it off, then try and turn your computer on. It may be because the power isn't going anywhere it won't turn on? I'm not sure, very little electronics knowledge but worth a try

you may have pulled the PowerSwitch wire off the actual switch... you could plug the ResetSwitch connector into the pins for the PowerSwitch... a temporary test/solution

you can buy a whole replacement switch-wire-connector from decent computer stores:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criter...GL&DOY=20m4