Laptop Failure Rates

Nodgiles

Does anyone have a consumer reports account that can look up laptop failure rates for me? Anyone have any other good resources? I cant find much documented on these 2 laptops. lenovo T61 and Latitude D630 Anyone have any opinions on either of these from experience? My company is thinking of going from the Lenovo to the Latitude because its cheaper and faster. In my experience Dell's always had a higher failure rate, but this was from working tech at compusa many years ago. Maybe this isnt true in their business machines? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

*Edit* Anyone have any recommendations for a business class laptop other than the 2 mentioned?

The newer Lenovos have had more trouble than when IBM was making them. The Dell Latitude line is usually pretty good, the Inspiron (consumer level) lines are usually a fair bit worse.

I'd go with the Latitude if the specs are similar and the Dell is cheaper.

According to the specs sent to us from our corporate offices, laptop failure rate in general stand

23% within first year

54% by the second year

63% by the third year, past this is undocumented.

• 3 weeks later...

My Dell Inspiron is 7 years old. Guess I'm ahead of the game?

I'd look it up for you but unfortunately my CR subscription ended about a week ago. It won't be renew'd, as from my experience with them, they're a step below useless - because you have to pay for it.