Lap C2d E6550 Box+p5k Premium

kelm

Hi.

Last weekend i went to my friends house to help him with the new PC.

We just setup everything and works fine, so we thought to lap something and thats the result:

We used 600 and 1200 grit wet/dry

I dont kno how can i say it in english, a liquid used to clean metal(iron, gold, silver...) for final art.

PC specs:

-------------------------------------------

Intel C2D E6550 2,33Ghz @ 3,185Mhz 1.36v

ASUS P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition

Corsair XMS2 2x1Gb DDR-800 @ 920Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.20v

Saphire HD3870 512Mb PCI-E 2,0

-------------------------------------------

I know that we can go over than ~3.2Ghz but everything was too fast and maybe this weekend we can do better! But i think for this Intel Cooler BOX can hold a little bit more!

Sorry about my english!

IDLE 5

If you buy an aftermarket Heatsink, trust me you will be able to OC a lot more, including the voltage increase.

As for your lapping, I say good work !

So, my friend is looking for Tt BT or 9700LED but its to expensive here(brasil) and he is waiting a guy who is in USA come back with the heatsink!

thanks!

Wow after a job like that it would be wrong to not put an after market cooler on there!

I konw that, as i sad to "The Smith" he is just waiting!

We can go over ~3.2Ghz with box heatsink but its to diferent than mu P5B! I got a tutorial and this weekend i have some work to do, so i will be back with more frequences and voltages!

I did it with my E6300+Tt BT and got almost 100% OC over stock frequences here in Brasil witch is hottest than USA, Canada, or some country around!! In sumer we get almost 40C everyday, sometimes 42C or a little bit more! Now in autumn is better to this kind of work! \=]

I got:

E6300 [email protected](517*7)1.42v with my E6300+Tt BT(lapped, 13C less@FULL)

FSB: 2048Mhz

Mem: 1048Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.4v

thanks!

Edited by kelm