Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Working Correctly?

rusty12

Hey guys, I'm a little confused. I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro for my C2D E6600 which is O/C to 2.8. I've had my rig set up like this for 9months. My temps when idle would hover around 28-33c under load they'd be around 45c. I used this board when O/C my PC which was my first O/C ever and I was instructed to go into my BIOS and manually set all my fans to run at 100% whenever the PC is on. Never had a problem and my temps dropped immediately once I did that. As of late however my two case fans still run at 100% but my fan on my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro sometimes doesn

Sounds to me like the fn is dieing or it has a short in it. Either way I would get cpu cooler asap! This time however get the Thermalright 120 extreme because it is the best on the market for air coolers and is only 60 bucks max, and pair it with either a nice yate loon fan or a nice scythe, or panflo fan and you will see even better temps then when that freezer 7 pro was working at it's peak!

That is what I've been suscpecting but I wasn't sure. I have had fans die on me in the past but never this fast. I espically didn't think the fan would die so fast (if thats the case) when its from what I can tell a reputal manufacturer. It is worrying me however with my temps running so high. What approx. is the highest I should let them hit?

I just took the side panel of my case and nudge the fan and it immidetaly spun up to speed. I felt the fins on the heat sink and they were very warm, however I couldn't tell if my heatpipes were warm or not. Still the fact that I'm having to nudge my fan seems to be another factor that the fan is dying yes?

Edited by rusty12

What sort of fan control have you selected for your CPU fan? 100%? PWM controlled? Cause maybe you just got the wrong setting...

I'm not sure what you mean? I do not know what 100% PWM controlled means. Could you please explain?

What motherboard are you using? In the BIOS, there are different settings for the fan control, so if it is supposed to be PWM controlled (the motherboard adjusts the voltage for the fan) or manually controlled (you select a fan speed). The Freezer 7 Pro has a PWM fan, which, if you enabled PWM fan controlling, can even make the fan stop.

Okay I set the BIOS from "Smart Fan: Disabled" to "Auto: PWM", but all my fans (case and Freezer Pro 7) seem to be running at lower rpms according to speedfan. Dosen't seem like it's really helping my temps go back to what they used to be. My CPU fan is running around 175rpm while at 49c! Thats no good. I'm getting so dang frustrated by this stupid fan. I don't understand why it all of a sudden has gone to crap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the BIOS if you set the Smart Fan to Disabled then that should make it force all fans connected to the motherboard run at full rpm, yes?