Xigmatek Hdt-s1283 Rubber Fan Mount Doo-dads?

six

"Wahoo!!" :)

I guess I've seen a couple of 'push-pull' set ups like that and never thought about it.

So, how much difference does it make to use two fans like that?

I did hear back from Xigmatek. They offered to send me a few rubber mounts. They also told me that they will send me a free solid mount kit (looks like the same way a tuniq mounts with a plate for the back and some springs and screws) for free if I send them my receipt from newegg and the UPC off my box. I wish they had more products than they do. With that sort of customer service, I would feel alright about supporting them with more of my PC budget.

• 10 months later...

I am curious did mounting a second fan do anything on temps?

I was thinking adding a second one for my Q6600 but not sure what the temp difference would be. Could you all post your temps with both fans including room temp...CPU voltage and room temp?

How tough was it to get new doo-dads from Xigmatek? I recently purchased a HDT-S1283 myself (love it) and although the stock fan is great and my heavily OC'd proc stays chilly, I'm always on the lookout for new stuff, and especially backup stuff. I can just imagine the fan dying on me and me being unable to replace it for a week for lack of a 2 cent piece of rubber. Thanks!