Need better cooling in my cosmos case

dyetube

Yeah, after I installed the water cooling I read a newbie watercooling setup guide and realized that I had set it up wrong... I'm going to retube everything when I get my new mobo and proc and make sure the fill port is right before the pump (that is right, correct?). Thanks for the tip on the bottom fan! I didn't catch the fact that no fans were blowing inside the case. Also What i read was that fast waterflow was not important, just that you you had decent waterflow over the waterblock. My pump is not variable and cannot be changed. I'll definitely straigthen out the tubes though. thanks for all the input . Kepp em coming if you see something else!

Yeah, after I installed the water cooling I read a newbie watercooling setup guide and realized that I had set it up wrong... I'm going to retube everything when I get my new mobo and proc and make sure the fill port is right before the pump (that is right, correct?). Thanks for the tip on the bottom fan! I didn't catch the fact that no fans were blowing inside the case. Also What i read was that fast waterflow was not important, just that you you had decent waterflow over the waterblock. My pump is not variable and cannot be changed. I'll definitely straigthen out the tubes though. thanks for all the input . Kepp em coming if you see something else!

Flow is important. Imagine if your flowrate was 0 GPM... ;)

I think what he meant when he said that your tubes are all curvy is that they're a bit too long. Basically you want to have the shortest route possible between the various components, but still have enough slack that you have gentle curves instead of elbows or kinked tubes.

O.k... Gotcha. That is what I thought he said. The less distance to travel the better (which is why I don't have a reservoir) Btw.. I must say that I get at LEAST a 15 deg. diff from water cooling as opposed to air coling even if it is set up wrong! That in itself is pretty amazing!

Btw.. I'm really looking for good performance in games. I want to be practical but efficient. I have the money to spend but don't want extreme. just the best, and as close to extreme as i can get and still be practical.

Well, Ive heard it is pretty important. I asked DangerDen a question about multi-radiators and they also said flow rate will really effect temps. I have seen this happen personally myself. I have the Danger Den DD-D5 pump and after increasing the pump speed from minimum to maximum, my processor droped 6 degrees, which while not spectacular, is worth noting. I said he tubings should be "less curvy" and short is just too increase flow rates. This what the DangerDen guy said.

Well, Ive heard it is pretty important. I asked DangerDen a question about multi-radiators and they also said flow rate will really effect temps. I have seen this happen personally myself. I have the Danger Den DD-D5 pump and after increasing the pump speed from minimum to maximum, my processor droped 6 degrees, which while not spectacular, is worth noting. I said he tubings should be "less curvy" and short is just too increase flow rates. This what the DangerDen guy said.

O.k.. Definitely gonna shorten the tubes. I think 6 deg. is a pretty good drop.

Just thought I'd let you know that turning that bottom fan so that it blows inside REALLY made a difference. My temps came down to the same temp as when the side panel is off! (36 deg.) I really wish I had 2 more fan places...