EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra Superclocked 768mb vs DIAMOND Viper Radeon HD

nacano

Ok, here is what I am looking at getting, the mobo supports the crossfire, my question is should I get duel Diamonds or get a single 8800 ultra?

O261-8048: OCZ ReaperX 4gb DDR3 1333MHz

ULT40064 MB: XFX 680i LT SLI, Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz, Ultra X3 1000 Watt

ULT40123: Ultra ULT40123 MD3 Media Dashboard

Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB 3.5" x2

ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard

Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler

Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000BWS Black/Red

PHILIPS 20X DVD

You have two motherboards in there.... one being the XFX 680i LT which supports SLI, the other being the Maximus Extreme, supporting CrossFire :unsure:

sorry, I am using the Maximus Extreme the XFX 680i is a Bundled Item.

I have looked at a the VGA charts that where supplyed to me and it looks like that a single 8800 ultra default Hardware setting (non-oc) is a good choice, I also have herd that sometime SLI/Crossfire does not always work. But I think that chart is also just single card setting I would like to see a SLI/Crossfire type chart to, Thanks.

I have looked at a the VGA charts that where supplyed to me and it looks like that a single 8800 ultra default Hardware setting (non-oc) is a good choice, I also have herd that sometime SLI/Crossfire does not always work. But I think that chart is also just single card setting I would like to see a SLI/Crossfire type chart to, Thanks.

SLI/Crossfire works most of the time. When you hear it didn't work with someones rig chances are its probably because they got some big bottleneck in there system like a slow cpu or not enough ram that caused there problems. You shouldn't have any problems considering it looks like your set up can handle SLI or crossfire.