CPU Temp?

I just put in a Volcano 7 hsf, i was hoping to get my temp very very very low, but that didnt happen as much as i had wished im running at 45* C, with the Volcano 7, and 12 fans! this is not right i dont think, granted im going off of my MB temp thats not right i dont think...

and also, thats 47*C now and its only under partial load! should i be expecting more, i have a Gigabyte motherboard so im checking it through windows if that helps, i guess i was just expecting more from the volcano 7 like the exact same system i was look at was running at 37*C not 47*C could something be wrong i yea, not to big of a deal, just wanting to get my cpu temp down as much as possible with only fans and a good heatsink

Sometimes the Mobo.. temp sensors, are wrong.. If you have the cash.. buy a CompNurse I think there called.. Like.. 20 bucks.. stick it under the heatsink.. on the Die of the processer.. and then.. let it run for a few and check the temps..

also.. on your fans.. all 12 of them... more exaust is better it should cool the case more..

good luck..

l8rz

This is about the time where I'd take it apart. Clean it up. Check for gaps and maybe lap the sink. Try try again...

When applying thermal grease, I use more than most, I suppose. But, I try to have a suction between the sink and chip, w/out excess squirting out the edges.

BRUNO