Help Overclocking and Stuck

Douce2290

Have a C2D and comp specs below but got to 3.6ghz any higher and my system wont boot... temp and voltage dont seem to be an issee i post oc screenthot below any help or ideas any1

post-29984-1198692132_thumb.jpg

Try bumping up your HT voltage (SPP/MCP) to say 1.4v and see what happens. It made a huge difference on my last e6600. (I had it maxed out at 1.55v)

Also, bump your SPP (North Bridge) up a bit. This houses your memory controller and is vital in system stability, espicially at high FSBs.

You also have quite a bit of headroom as far as CPU voltage (If you have a good cooler). What are your load temps though?

Lastly, can you post a CPU-Z screenshot of your CPU? The early revisions (B2) did not OC as well as the later revisions (B3), and 3.6 seemed to be the max stable for many (Mine was barely 24/7 stable at 3.55, same with hardnrgs).

Any reason why your memory is running at 700? I have a feeling that it's doing that because your running four sticks, but I haven't been able to get a straight answer on whether running four sticks sets itself back to 667 or not.

@King, it's all up there. He's using a 9 multi, 400 FSB, all the voltages are there.

memory at 700 cos if i go much higher it just crahes... memory is up from 666 there its only cheap ram and yea i have 4 sticks

and i seem to be B2 .... damn... i wanted to get above the quad core extremes on the super pi comp lol :P

ive only been overclocking bout a weeek im a noob lol but a quick learner... had a dell n had to competley rebuild ma comp lol cos dells suck

and my load temps are arround 42-44

post-29984-1198694991_thumb.jpg

Edited by Douce2290

try this:

CPU: 1.55v

Memory: 2.3v

FSB: 1.6v

CL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

tRC: 23

Unlinked

FSB: 1800 MHz (QDR)

CPU Multi: 8x

RAM: 800 MHz (DDR)

your sig says 5-6-6-5 timings, if the last 5 (tRAS) is not a typo, it's very wrong...

try this:

CPU: 1.55v

Memory: 2.3v

FSB: 1.6v

CL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

tRC: 23

Unlinked

FSB: 1800 MHz (QDR)

CPU Multi: 8x

RAM: 800 MHz (DDR)

your sig says 5-6-6-5 timings, if the last 5 (tRAS) is not a typo, it's very wrong...

My old 680i didn't have a 1.6v setting for FSB, 1.5 was the highest.

oh lol... yeah it's been a while since I've been in my EVGA 680i bios due to it dying... grrrr

my DFI 680i has a lot more voltages (12 voltage controls) with more voltage options for each control