Sounds out of speakers...

exeter_acres

I think I know what the answer is, but on my mobo with onboard sound....

Asrock Dual-SATA 939 board (nothing great, I know, but it is working and overclocks OK)

with Realtek 850 7.1 channel AC'97 audio codec on board sound......

well.... there is always this low rumbling out of the speakers... and anytime I move things on the screem, like scroll through a web page with my mouse wheel, the rumbling gets more pronounced...

sound occurs at stock speeds as well as OC speeds (currently runing an AMD X2 3800 at a scosh over 2.7)

I have tried muting various channels to make sure one is feeding back.....

What is causing this and how do I get rid of it......

I am not an audiophile with my computer, I just use a simple 2.1 setup and it is fine for me (no need or a big 5.1 setup n my office...while it would be nice, there is no use for it)

but I still wand decent gaming sound...

any thoughts?

any more info you need, let me know....

Exeter

I think I know what the answer is, but on my mobo with onboard sound....

Asrock Dual-SATA 939 board (nothing great, I know, but it is working and overclocks OK)

with Realtek 850 7.1 channel AC'97 audio codec on board sound......

well.... there is always this low rumbling out of the speakers... and anytime I move things on the screem, like scroll through a web page with my mouse wheel, the rumbling gets more pronounced...

sound occurs at stock speeds as well as OC speeds (currently runing an AMD X2 3800 at a scosh over 2.7)

I have tried muting various channels to make sure one is feeding back.....

What is causing this and how do I get rid of it......

I am not an audiophile with my computer, I just use a simple 2.1 setup and it is fine for me (no need or a big 5.1 setup n my office...while it would be nice, there is no use for it)

but I still wand decent gaming sound...

any thoughts?

any more info you need, let me know....

Exeter

well sometimes when those rheostats that control volume and such can get dirty and cause garbly sounds. but i guess that doesnt explain why it does it when you move things on the desktop. try reinstalling drivers? if that doesnt work, it could be bad emi shielding or something. any wires RIGHT next to the audio codec chip on the board? i had an old p3 motherboard that gave garbly sound when psu wires were near the sound chip on the board, moved the wires to the other side of the case and it went away. if that doesnt fix it you could try a different set of speakers, or better yet, maybe try an independednt PCI soundcard.

if it makes you feel any better, the onboard hd audio on this 680i gives out some weird noises when its up and jamming, and i ubrutply stop the sounds from the pc...makes a sound like a turbo winding down.

no wires near...but good thought...

tried various speakers... no go...

did it since day one...

various drivers and settings... same thing.....

hmm, possibly just a shoddy soundcard? my 680i has made a noise from day 1 that i wasnt able to fix, its just not bad enough for me to worry too much about it.

i guess your last option is to try a cheap sound card and see if it goes away. ever formatted any since you built it? highly doubt it would fix it but you know how windows is.