Geek Squad-875VA UPS-525Watt rebranded CyberPower

Geek Squad-875VA UPS-525Watt rebranded CyberPower

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...3#productdetail

I am considering the above UPS for my current rig (check signature), but noticed on a few posts that Geek Squad UPses may be rebranded CyberPower. Is this true? Anyone utilizing or have utilized a Geek Squad UPS? If so, how is your experience?

I got curious and searched for that unit and came up with references to CyberPower, APC and even one expert on [H]ardocp claiming these units were a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Tripplite model. Most references were to CyberPower but nothing definitive.

The best clue I could find is this from their 1285VA Model

PowerPanel Personal Edition power management software saves open files, closes applications and shuts down computer when a power outage occurs; auto restart and auto charger

PowerPanel is the monitoring software used by CyberPower (I have a CyberPower unit).

The model you referenced states this:

Geek Squad

interesting find of the software, though the software with mine actualy has the same Features with a differnt GUI as my APC 650VA model so basically all we know is that we are in fact confused :lol:

That and mine hasnt failed me to date. And that I got it with an employee discount making any reduced quality a nonexistant consideration for the most part :)

Indeed. At that price though I would be tempted to get one if I knew it was an APC or CyberPower unit. That's about the same cost as new batteries for my APC UPS which I need to replace.

I got curious and searched for that unit and came up with references to CyberPower, APC and even one expert on [H]ardocp claiming these units were a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Tripplite model. Most references were to CyberPower but nothing definitive.

The best clue I could find is this from their 1285VA Model

PowerPanel is the monitoring software used by CyberPower (I have a CyberPower unit).

The model you referenced states this:

Notice the reference to "PowerPanel" has been replaced by "GeekSquad".

EDIT: CyberPower offers a 3 year warranty on their products, I think this has a 1-year warranty.

I read the same references. :) If it is still available at the local BestBuy, I may pick it up.