a noobie question...

daniel

Today while i was performing maintenance to my system i noticed a Burn-in option in the bios, which allows me to raise the FSB by 2 or 4%

so the question is the following should i try that option???

my current temps are idle: proc:36, zone1: 28, zone 2: 30

havent found a way to test the tempetures at load yet :S i know im a noob

my system is shown in the attached pictures....

any help is appreciated thx...

post-12453-1198191659_thumb.jpg

post-12453-1198191683_thumb.jpg

post-12453-1198191698_thumb.jpg

ok just did the 4% change

and got 150 hz :D (see attachment)

now im going to try to OC a lil my vid card (ati x800 pro) if u have any tips on overclocking the vid card a little bit, help is appreciated

post-12453-1198198987_thumb.jpg

You can use ATI Tool to overclock your video card. To get your load temps you can use any stability test that will put your CPU at full usage. I use OCCT:PK 30 min test for quick stability checks and Orthos 24 hour test for full stability. Either one will give your CPU a work out

till what point should i OC my vid card??

i have the GPU at 525 originical es 475 and the memory at 515 orignical 450... can i go any higher?? when i have this temps the vid card reaches 60C

gpu temps can go higher than that (80 is fine) just make sure you test for stability properly as you go.

Also when overclocking the cpu, make sure you rearrange the memory multipliers to keep it at stock as raising the fsb will also overclock the memory, causing premature instability.

ummm im facing a weird problem

when i use ATI TOOLS the system immeately locks up,

but when i use ATI TRAY TOOLs the one that came wtih the omega drivers i can raise atleast 100mhz, so should i trust ATI TOOLS or ATI TRAY TOOLS?