DFI Blood Iron

Katana

I'm not much of an overclocker. I use to praise stability over anything. But with these new chips coming out you'd have to be mad not to overclock. So I'm considering buying this board for my first trials as it seems perfect for a novice overclocker. So my question is? Is it any good? Should I buy it? Or is there another one in that price range(under 120 bucks) that is way better?

First off, the Blood Iron is a great board! :) However, you have to apply the DFI restrictions, which are insane amounts of BIOS settings, pickyness about those settings (I'm sure hardnrg can elaborate on this one!) and things like that. The price really can't be beat though, the other P35 boards that are easier on the user cost a couple of $$$ more.

You say you are a novice overclocker, so in that case, I would recommend you not to buy the Blood Iron. If you have 10$ more to spare, I would recommend the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R for 130$ as the better option. Overclocking wise, the Gigabyte 775 boards have proven to be awesome, I've had a GA-965P-DS4 before this Blood Iron myself. The only real difference I see, is the possibility to tweak the Blood Iron to the absolute maximum.

Well that Gigabyte board is actually cheaper overhere. Just under 100 euros, the BloodIron is about 110 euros. So I guess I won't be changing afterall. I'm currently on a Gigabyte nf4 board... Well, thanks for the input.