How to set-up Prime95?

Systemlord

What I do so that I can test my computer and still use it without the pagefile going crazy is select Blend (just select it so it gets the settings), then click Custom and set the memory amount so that it's enough to use all sticks of ram (so for me, 2x1GB=2048MB max, has to be >1024MB to use both sticks, so I set it to 1100MB)

Memset lets you change memory timings within Windows, it's handy for testing different settings without having to reboot all the time just to change one setting... like I tried 4-3-3-8-1T, then 4-3-3-10-1T, 4-4-3-10-1T, 4-4-4-12-1T, all by just changing the number and hitting Apply... I was also playing with different value for tRC which is related to tRP and tRAS

I just failed Prime after 11 hours 55 minutes, so yeah I'd say a *minimum* of 24 hours for your final OC...

What I do so that I can test my computer and still use it without the pagefile going crazy is select Blend (just select it so it gets the settings), then click Custom and set the memory amount so that it's enough to use all sticks of ram (so for me, 2x1GB=2048MB max, has to be >1024MB to use both sticks, so I set it to 1100MB)

Memset lets you change memory timings within Windows, it's handy for testing different settings without having to reboot all the time just to change one setting... like I tried 4-3-3-8-1T, then 4-3-3-10-1T, 4-4-3-10-1T, 4-4-4-12-1T, all by just changing the number and hitting Apply... I was also playing with different value for tRC which is related to tRP and tRAS

I just failed Prime after 11 hours 55 minutes, so yeah I'd say a *minimum* of 24 hours for your final OC...

So as long as I set the memory to = more then one stick of Ram (1100MB) which is a little more than one stick of Ram, then I can use IE7? As for Memset if I were to use Memset and change a timing of CAS 4 to CAS 5 if I went into BIOS it would show the switch to CAS 5? It must be linked to the BIOS, but when you reach a setting that you want to stick with any need to go into BIOS a set it?

I already have 17 hours for Orthos, is one better (Orthos vs Prime95) than the other in finding errors?

Thanks again, Systemlord. :D

Edited by Systemlord

Just use Stress prime 2004 Orthos edition.... get it here It is an easier to use prime 95 GUI

Saw your 4000MHz E6750, what type of cooling system do you have? I'm very intrested in a water cooling system to compliment my new PC case, the Silverstome TJ09. As you can see I have room to grow, I could put a radiator up top where the two 120mm fans are.

12082007204841xt2.jpg

By systemlord at 2007-12-07

img3394tn7.jpg

By systemlord at 2007-11-14