Amd 6000+ cooling

old_oc'er

Ok so I got my a zalman 9500 as my heatsink and 3 120mm case fans an 2 80mm case fans moving air in the case....great airflow....but I am still getting 40-50 C and at one point in the night it hit 60 most likly during my virus scan.....how am I suppose to game on this when I can't keep it cool.....also when running for 13 hours and I touch the heatsink.....its not hot .....its room temp if not just a little hotter.....any ideas on this......I thought about it not being seated correctly but It can only be seated one way and it still wiggles and moves a bit

are you sure the fans at the top and back of your case are actually evacutaing the hot air instead of blowing it back into the case? did you use any thermal paste when you installed your zalman and if you did how much did you use? its a rare possibility but there is a small chance that you may have just gotten a bad chip thats telling the wrong temps. if it says its runnin 50c and you touch the zlman at the base you would def prob be able to feel how warm it is. the amd i have right now is kinda doin the same thing except the two diff cores are way off in temps and they should be relatively the same. what program are you using to monitor your temps? have you checked the hardware monitor in your bios to see what it says your temps are?

the amd i have right now is kinda doin the same thing except the two diff cores are way off in temps and they should be relatively the same.

It's quite possible that the IHS is not on perfectly. Short of cutting it off there's not much you can do though.

It still has me worried...

Why? You have a good cooler on a relatively warm-running chip. Your sensor seems to be reading a little high but why stress out about it when it's running perfectly stable and you know it has good cooling?