Help on a new rig

Mombo

Alright well my friend is coming home from a 2 year trip to germany where he was away from computers for the entire time pretty much and wants to get back in the game. So far we have looked at alot of stuff but havent made any final decisions yet.

He likes to OC so I would like to get a part list together that works well with eachother so he can get the most out of his gear.

So here is what we have looked at so far

CPU - Intel C2D 6850 3.0ghz

Memory - Not sure I was thinking some G.Skill or something 2gigs though. What other brands have had good luck with this CPU?

Hard Drives - 72gb Raptor and a 500gb Samsung spinpoint

Mobo - This one I am not to sure on. I have the Evga 680i board and have had good luck with it but I am sure there is a better one out now that fits this CPU better. We looked at the Gigabyte DSR3 I think it was as well

GPU - Well on this one I think we are aiming for the $300 category I was thinkin about the 8800gt 512 version but dont know to much about the new ATI's

Heatsink - I have the Tuniq tower and am still enjoying it but I dont know whats new so if there is something better in the 50-70 dollar range please do tell.

Case - I havent bought a new one in forever so if anyone has any ideas his last case was a oversized mid tower and it 120mm fans pretty sweet air flow it was the Antec

Think thats about it would love any suggestions though. I am going to be making a thread in the monitor section but he is looking to spend about 500 on a monitor I was hoping to find something good around the 22-26' range.