just oc'd my new system

philbrown23

I have my cpu @ 2100.59 volt @1.344-1.36 multiplyer 10x fsb210.05

Ram @ 2048mb freq. @ 210 fsbdram cpu/10 3-4-4-8-11-2t-16

Tried to go higher but would not complete load??? What did I do wrong??? what do I do????

Also how do I get up some screenshots of cpu-z????? Thats what I was going to post but I could not figure out how to do it.

THANKS!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

start tweaking settings, maybe try loosening the timings on the ram. oh and to take a screenshot, press the print screen key and that will copy the screenshot onto the clipboard.

EDIT: When I say "start tweaking settings", I mean to say "start tweaking settings that you know what they mean" just for clarity.

start tweaking settings, maybe try loosening the timings on the ram. oh and to take a screenshot, press the print screen key and that will copy the screenshot onto the clipboard.

EDIT: When I say "start tweaking settings", I mean to say "start tweaking settings that you know what they mean" just for clarity.

how do I find the clipboard I pressed shift printscreen......nothing happens so then I pressed just printscreen........ still nothing????dont know what I'm doing wrong. Also to "loosen" the ram timings would I bring the numbers up or down???? right now I'm only running @ 35c should I increase the voltage a little????

go to an image editor of your choice and press paste. Then your screenshot is no longer on the clipboard. If you don't have an image editor, google gimp. It works well and is free, but its easy to get lost looking for the right button at times.

oh and loosen = bigger numbers, tighten = smaller numbers

go to an image editor of your choice and press paste. Then your screenshot is no longer on the clipboard. If you don't have an image editor, google gimp. It works well and is free, but its easy to get lost looking for the right button at times.

oh and loosen = bigger numbers, tighten = smaller numbers

Ok so now all of the sudden after my pc seems to be stable it just stops and displays a blue screen????it say's memory dump or something???

Ok so now all of the sudden after my pc seems to be stable it just stops and displays a blue screen????it say's memory dump or something???

might be having hdd failure or something? All of the sudden it will not read my primary hdd just my slave.

Ok so now all of the sudden after my pc seems to be stable it just stops and displays a blue screen????

How did you test the stability? Just because it boots doesn't mean it's stable...

Directly from my above post

Prime 95

This is a distributed computing project, but can also be used strictly for stability testing. As with most programs, it uses strenuous math calculations to see if your processor ever produces failures (wrong answers). If there were a single universal "final stability test", Prime 95 could arguably take that title. It is widely accepted and very reliable.

there are others too,...

learn to walk before you run

and understand the risks involved with overclcoking...

I just waited for the pc to start running a good temp. How do I check to see if it's stable??

Yikes. That's not "stable" at all.

I suggest you slow down and start reading some Overclocking info, because you can change BIOS settings all day but if you don't know what you're doing you're just going to be in for a world of hurt.

I wrote the OCC Overclocking Basics guide a while ago. This might be a good place to start. It's all based around A64 examples, which is what you use.