eVGA 680i board POST error

***EDIT:Forget this post and please read the post below****

Okay, so I finished building my new computer just now. It seems like everything's fine, as I'm installing Vista right now. The only problem is that at POST, it appears that everything checks out except for

"Floppy disk(s) failed (40)" or something like that (I'm installing Vista right now so I can't check what it is verbatim)

The LED code on the motherboard says 7F, which means check the POST error -_- it doesn't appear to be game-breaking or anything (I don't have any floppy disks connected to begin with), but it's annoying to have to press F1 each time I boot up.

Edited by TyphooN

Okay now I'm having another issue. After POST, it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and then skips to "NVIDIA Boot Agent 247.0541", and after that it says "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable"

After it shows those nVidia messages a few times, the Vista installer loads up and all that. I don't think anything is wrong with my cables because my installer works fine! But it's bloody annoying to see that 5 times in a row before being able to do anything.

Only things I've touched in the BIOS are RAID settings (running two Seagates in RAID 0), and turning off Drive A which fixed my Floppy disk error.

edit: Great, it tries to load a RAID driver and I get a BSOD! Just great...

Edited by TyphooN

Guest ajmatson

You should post your fix you had here in case someone else encounters the same problem.

In regards to the Media Error pull the IDE/Sata cable and blow out any dust and re-seat it. I usually that means it is not finding the HDD.

Edited by ajmatson

Alright I just 're seated' the cables and it gives me the same crap. On a normal, functioning, non-second-rate computer it usually goes

Verifying pool data...

Boot from CD:

*if it detects a CD it asks you to press any key*

and then some other crap

edit: So I tried disabling "Boot other devices", and now I just get "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I hit Enter, and it says the same thing again. Why does this computer which is FAR better than my last one struggle to even load a dang CD?

What gives? Did I just buy the worst mobo ever to have been spawned?

Edited by TyphooN

Guest ajmatson

What mobo are you using? Is your windows install on the RAID array? Are the disks brand new or have they been checked for errors? Get the specs up and lets try to find the problem for you. It could be the RAID was not installed correctly. Have you tried only a single disk and seeing if the error duplicates itself?

Here's the hardware

Intel E6600

eVGA 8800 GTS 640

nForce 680i SLI 775 A1 Version (eVGA)

2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA II

Samsung DVD drive

Creative X-fi

D-Link wireless card

OCZ PowerXStream 700W

That's it.

edit: What do you mean on the RAID array? I can't install anything, when I try to load a driver it blue screens. The disks are brand new, they came here on Friday.

edit2: Do I even need to load the RAID drivers??

edit3: So I try just installing Vista without loading RAID drivers, and it seemed to go fine until now. Whether I boot up in Safe Mode or in normal mode, right after it does the loading bar (or maybe even during, I don't know) it blue screens and restarts. At this rate I'm gonna end up calling Geek Squad.

Edited by TyphooN

Guest ajmatson

Your 8800GTS is what tiped me off. I remembered reading about high end hardware conflicting with the 8800 series. What Forceware drivers are you using. Try using the beta ones 160.03 and see if that helps. Also turn off TCP/IP acceleration in the Nvidia Networking Manager. See if that helps.

Here is a place where they have fixed the issues causing it.