Creative Soundcard Optical Out

Uber

sdy is talking about stereo upmix to 5.1, which no one else is talking about...

Pete is talking about multichannel sources (other than pre-encoded movie tracks) being converted to Dolby encoded tracks on the fly

only Dolby encoded multichannel audio can go down the S/PDIF connections, if it's not encoded as a Dolby stream, then you only get the main stereo output

so yes Uber, you are correct, only pre-encoded Dolby audio tracks will work on a Creative card for sending multichannel sound over a digital interlink

sdy is talking about stereo upmix to 5.1, which no one else is talking about...

Pete is talking about multichannel sources (other than pre-encoded movie tracks) being converted to Dolby encoded tracks on the fly

only Dolby encoded multichannel audio can go down the S/PDIF connections, if it's not encoded as a Dolby stream, then you only get the main stereo output

so yes Uber, you are correct, only pre-encoded Dolby audio tracks will work on a Creative card for sending multichannel sound over a digital interlink

Hmmm.... i wounder if it would be worth the extra money for another sound card then for games, though im not sure how many games i will play on my HTPC, besides WOW, and CSS... i think i will use one of these creative cards for now then later on down the road try a turtle beach if im not happy.

Thanks guys :)

:withstupid:

There is still no price announcement on that yet though. I'm expecting it to be expensive.

As long as it comes in at a price that is similar or under that of the top end Creative X-Fi's it should be popular.

the upcoming Auzentech Prelude (X-Fi processor, Dolby Live encoding, high quality DACs & OpAmps) will be the best quality gaming card available

meh these Audigys should do what i need i think since the hardcore gaming is done in stereo anyways and my current setup is MORE then enough for that :)