overclocking my processor

I am running an Intel P4 3.2Ghz w/HT. I would like to try overclocking it to see what I can get out of it, however my FSB is only 800Mhz. I am under the impression that I am limited by my FSB speed. Is there a way to up the FSB without buying a new motherboard?

Topher

Is the question so dumb as to not generate a reply? You can tell me. I won't be offended. I promise.

I am running an Intel P4 3.2Ghz w/HT. I would like to try overclocking it to see what I can get out of it, however my FSB is only 800Mhz. I am under the impression that I am limited by my FSB speed. Is there a way to up the FSB without buying a new motherboard?

Topher

Is the question so dumb as to not generate a reply? You can tell me. I won't be offended. I promise.

Na.. its just not in the "Overclocking" section of the forums... its uh.. where we post about Overclocking :rolleyes: - Plus, you have another thread of the same topic in the Motherboards section.. (Also not Overclocking...)

Anyways, I replied to the post in the motherboards section, so check that one out -- The links are just two links from the main site (Overclockers Club) on the left side navigation bar -- Give them a look and it should answer most of your questions

It takes some time to get an answer don't expect that as soon as you post a question that your going to get an answer in 30 mins some times takes 1-2 days to get a response.

I would answer your question but I have pretty much no experience OC a p4 before.