HELP ME PLEASE

you didnt answer the question "is there any beeping?"...is there?

POST card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16815158065

Basically the post card is a card that you plug into an empty pci slot, does not always have to be in, that will display an error code number on the 2 digit led display that you can then look up in the booklet to find out what the error in the post is giving you, some motherboards have this built in...when i took my A+ class in HS we were required to plug one in and create an error on the computer that would give a code and see if we could find the problem with the card.

I dont have one but they can be very helpful.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly start with what nrg suggested, it it still doesnt work, star removing pieces at a time and listen for beep codes, although I would say its your power supply. Rosewill is possibly one of the worst makers of power supplies.

Even if it is a short circuiting problem, it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace that power supply unit too for preventative measures.

i'd assemble the mobo/cpu/ram/graphics/psu/hd outside of the case, on the motherboard box, with the pci cards hanging off the edge of the box... that eliminates any possible case short circuiting that you can't see

Like what hardnrg said, try running your system outside the case. Also remove the graphics card and start it up.

gonna agree with nrg and silkster. it sounds like a grounding issue. do a build outside of the case and make sure there is nothing metal touching those components. the thing i don't get is that it tries to boot up again after the ground detection.... :unsure:

you didnt answer the question "is there any beeping?"...is there?

srry...no, as of yet ther has not been any beep codes..

and to everyone else that says i should assemble out of case....i will try tonite and will get back to you all on if that solves the issue.....i just bought a new antec psu the other day to try and test if my rosewill was bad and i think that i might end up keeping the antec just for safty-safe reasons.

so wish me luck....and i will get back to ya'll later tonite hopefully.

In the short time that your computer is on, you should go into the BIOS and see what your CPU temp is. You might think your HSF is installed correctly, but you won't know unless you verify the temps in the BIOS.

I had asked him earlier if his hsf was installed properly and if he had installed any thermal compound...

but durring the time that you get power, can you see where it is being held up on post, i dont think that there is anything wrong with any components because there is no beeping, so it sounds like a hsf problem or a psu problem

figured it out guys..... i ended up trying the box thing but i still got the same results as i did in the case so it apparently wasnt a grounding issue. i got a hold of my buddy that knows alot more about computers than i do and has lots more spare parts laying around and we started swapping out components. it ended up being the mobo....some how it got fried and i am absolutly clueless abot it......so i called up asus and they said that they would rma it for me so that is now where i stand.....

thanks for all your help guys.

didnt see that one coming...lol

glad that you got it figured out but sucks that it was a fried mobo

could have been DOA, there for you didnt do anything, unless there was a short in the case and that shorted the mobo out