Dual HDD problem

gotdamojo06

I have 2 IDE drives in my computer, I have recently been running into problems with the Large Logo screen where you can enter the BIOS being extremely slow...

I figured out that if I disconnect the HDD that does not have the OS on it, it seems to boot fine...but with that HDD connected it takes forever to load...

LHDD w/ Windows

LHDD w/o windows

|

mobo

Could it be that the HDD w/o windows is failing or is it because it is setup in the wrong spot on the IDE ribbon cable?

I have had it like this for about 2 months with no problems, it has just stated happenning about a week ago...thats why I believe that it is failing...

I think when i get back from taking my math test in a little while, im going to take out 1 DVD-RW drive and put a hdd on that cable to see if it still runs into the problem and if i can still access the files on that hdd...thats where all my benchmarking software is, such as cpu-z, statbar, orthos...etc...

The only reason I put that HDD in was so I could easily do a dual boot of XP and Vista SP1 but once I went into vista I decided that was a bad idea so i formated the drive and just use it for extra storage of files...

So actually i was wrong about how long it has been in there for, its been in there since the release of SP1 (whenever that was cant remember)

Also i do not hear any clicking sounds coming from the drive, not sure if the jumpers are set properly on the back of the hdds, probably not...

I don't like that large logo screen, so I'd disable that for a start.

Doesn't the logo cover some of the boot process? I can't remember.

If so, disabling it should give you a better idea as to what is happening to make the boot process take so long.