new car...

Misuta_Yancha

i would replace the front speakers, get an amp, and 1 sub.

front for the high end sounds, and sub for low end sound. for the front speakers, i would go with kicker or infinity with good highs on it. for subs, get a low RMS 10 or 12 inch sub, because the amp is going to be at least $200 for a good one.

ur looking at like $90-100 for speakers

$200-300 for GOOD amp

$100-200 for sub

those are ebay prices

well im not sure... how good u want to go... but for example.. u can get 2 alpine 10" sub that give 300w rms each or 1 12" that gives 500w rms... for like 120 bucks (its not the best brand ever.. but i think its a good brand) or also 2 10" rockford fosgate that give 250w rms each, or 1 12" 400wrm for about 120 bucks too (i own a Rockford fosgate sub.. and i have ghad no probelm with it.. at all, its sounds good. although not in the JL level... its still good)

as for the speakers that guju man recomends u can find them for 60 bucks the first one. the amp for about 170 bucks or less... and that sub for 80 bucks...on other sites www.etronics.com www.sonicelectronix.com, you might also want to check out www.pricegrabber.com before buying the stuff....

But u can get an alpine amp (i own one) mono channel for the same price that gives 400wtss rms x 1 channel (4 ohs)...

as for the speakers i have heard very good things about infinity.. (never owned one)

i own 4 sets of rocketford component speakers

It all depends on box design also...

With the proper design 6"s can hit harder than 15"s and and 15"s can be punchier than 6"s, it all depends on how you design the enclosure...

Well... Yes, the box design can make a difference, but that's kind of a separate discussion. I mean sure, a 6" could hit harder in a proper box than a 15" could if you punched a hole in the side of a refrigerator box, but what good does that information do you? The point is that in general, a smaller sub is going to give a "tighter" sound, while a larger sub is going to give the ability to hit deeper tones. Given properly built boxes for both, a 10" will be tighter than a 12".

As far as the budget, I think you're going to be hard pressed to get two amps on that. If you're not willing to spend at least a few hundred on a four channel for the interior speakers, then it's really not worth it. Anything cheaper than that will perform the same or worse than a head-unit amp. The best bet would be to look into a sub and amp, and then see if you've got enough left for 2 or maybe 4 interior speakers.

Just keep in mind that amps need a line-level signal, and you're not likely to get that from a factory head-unit. You can run a sub-amp off of amped speaker signals, but you'll lose some quality doing that. Also, with a factory head-unit you won't have the ability to adjust sub levels separately. The most you'll be able to do is kill the bass in the whole system. You can tune it a bit with the gain levels on the amp, but not while you're driving.

If it were me, I'd look into getting a head-unit with a pre-amp signal and a sub setup first.

well there is no need to upgrade the factory speakers and component... they are bose and sound excellent, all I want is more base

maybe I will just go to car toys and have them "sell" me something then buy it else where

I am not looking to blast out my ear drums, 100 watts is more than enough for what I am looking for... my old car only had the 50w output from the head unit and that was plenty loud enough and the subs were in the trunk, this car is a hatchback

thanks for the help everyone it was very useful