What's better 2 OC

wZa

I've checked alot of sites, but still i want to know it from you guys..

What is a good processor to OC, i've got a Pentium III 600 @ 800, that's it's maximum, but my brother has a celeron 300, but has the multiplier unlocked to 4,5 instead of 3 and has it OC to 600, sow that's 100 % more than the original, mine can't get further than 33 % above original....... Has anyone ever gotten a multiplier unlocked on a pentium ? i haven't found anyone or anything about it..

And how is OC going on AMD Duron/Athlon processors? i think there are enough people here with different processors and mobo's sow please share it

cause i'm also thinking about selling my P 3 and buying a Duron/Celeron cause those seem 2 B allot easier to OC

if youre opinion is the same or not please reply!!

:D Gr33tZz wZa :D

AMD Duron/Athlon processors = not good for overclocking because they are already hot as it is. I am aDIE hard fan of AMD, but these things just do NOT run cool enough to play with.

ALso- some CPUs just come from the factory more tolerable to higher multiplyers, that's why you can take two duron 600 and get one to 700 and one to 800. It sucks, but that's just the way that life goes :(