Over Clocking My 7900gto

firky

Hey guys

im looking for some softwear that you can change the gpu volts while in windows? just wondering if you new of any?

i no of flashing the bois then editing it.. but i was wondering if there were any other ways.

tryed google but it just came up with NiBiTor and nvFlash and some omega stuff : /

thanks firky

Hey guys

im looking for some softwear that you can change the gpu volts while in windows? just wondering if you new of any?

i no of flashing the bois then editing it.. but i was wondering if there were any other ways.

tryed google but it just came up with NiBiTor and nvFlash and some omega stuff : /

thanks firky

AFAIK, the only way you could change voltages by software is on the x1k series, that's it. Everything else is hardmodded which means you will have to do some volt mods

yeah im not to keen on flashing my bios cant it cant be as bad as runing my cpu at 1.72v's ..

time to melt/ solder my gfxs cards also would you volt mod on air? because things might get a bit hot

ive flashged my 7900's to 1600mhz mem but ati tool is sticking around 696mhz on the core 57c load temp is it worth giveing 1.5v in sted of the stock 1.4 to get over 700mhz or will i just cook my card?

Edited by firky

try it at 1.5v and use something like RTHDRIBL to run as a windowed 3D app, so you can monitor temps (unless you use RivaTuner logging graphs, in which case you can run fullscreen apps/games)

you can always exit the app/game and flash-back to 1.4v if the temps are above your personal comfort zone :D

flash-back to 1.4v if the temps are above your personal comfort zone :D

lol i dont have one i stop when it shuts down or melts lol

I found out i cant flash to 1.5 so i have to vmod to 1.5 ... so i might pencil mod one of the resistors on both cards :/

but i have got 693/1600 fine on 3D mark but ati tool shows some yellow dots gives me a nice 10220 in 3D mark 06 ..