Weird Noise

Yes this is weird, I hear this noise (Attached) Whenever I put my cpu under heavy load (IE: Orthos/PM95) It is NOT from the fans (Including the chipset fan on the evga 680i), I had ALL of them stopped and I could still here it. It is NOT my HDD, I tried heavy file transfers and it didn't make the noise... It comes from the CPU area, next to the SPP and Ram areas.

what the heck? Can caps make this noise?

Note: This is very loud, my mic just didn't make it that way... Make sure to turn your volume up :)

Edited by The Unforgivin

All I heard were clunking noises, is that what you are referring to?

That was me... Turn up your volume real loud, and you will here a VERY high pitched squeel, I can here it accross the hall way

That was me... Turn up your volume real loud, and you will here a VERY high pitched squeel, I can here it accross the hall way
I had my volume ALL the way up!

Ill try headphones... :rolleyes:

Still nothing even with my volume ALL the way up, using headphones, AND the highs on my equalizer maxed out...

Maybe I have bad hearing?"

I DID fail horribly on that pitch perception test and on that other one a couple moths ago...

Edited by Andrewr05

i can hear it loud and clear... you can even SEE it with wmp visualisations...

electronic components can make a high pitched squealing... it's commonly from inductors and is called "coil whine"... graphics cards can often suffer from coil whine under load... psus too... my PCP&C psu has coil whine under heavy 3D load... the noise of my fans drowns it out somewhat... but i can hear it distinctly even so, unless i put some music or game on...

i used a desktop mic to home in on the source (psu), but if it's coming from the motherboard, you could home in on the source with some headphones monitoring the mic sound :)

electronic components can make a high pitched squealing... it's commonly from inductors and is called "coil whine"... graphics cards can often suffer from coil whine under load... psus too... my PCP&C psu has coil whine under heavy 3D load... the noise of my fans drowns it out somewhat... but i can hear it distinctly even so, unless i put some music or game on...

i used a desktop mic to home in on the source (psu), but if it's coming from the motherboard, you could home in on the source with some headphones monitoring the mic sound :)

:withstupid:

Yep. Inductors.

Good to know, Thanks! :) Heh, I though something was already dieing for a few minutes there... :P

I had a hard time hearing the sound even with a headset and speakers on full blast. So when this winning happens is it loud and you can hear it when your working at your computer when it is under a heavy load even when the fans are on?

I had a hard time hearing the sound even with a headset and speakers on full blast. So when this winning happens is it loud and you can hear it when your working at your computer when it is under a heavy load?

It's a squeal, so yes I can hear it over my 120mm SilverStones (42dbs) Across the hall at about 15 feet. So yes, it is quite annoying :(

@hardnrg haha, this mobo hates me :P