Dual Core Or Another Gig Of Ballistix ?

Hey guys

This might sound silly to some, in terms of noticable performance but what do you think i should upgrade ? in terms of memory and processing power

At the moment i have a 3700+ SINGLE CORE 939skt, i was thinking about getting either a 4*00 something or another gig of crucial ballistix to make 2048MB.

Could y'all help me on what would be the best course of action.

Thanks again all

Hope you all have a Very Good christmas

From James in Merry Ole England

if you want to get 2GB RAM, get 2x1GB sticks, cause if you get 4x512, your CPU mem controller won't be able to handle it at 1T, you would have to set it to 2T. Fo the average user single core is more than enough, sell your current 2x512MB and get good 2x1GB sticks and your more than fine IMO!

Yeah, I'm going with with King on this one...He's right about most people not using a full single core. And I know that Ballistix have insanely good timings. Stick with the RAM, if that doesn't do it, get the processor as well...That is, if it is an option for you.

Thanks for your fast responses peps, i still feel kind stuck as this ram has been really good and ive had it at DDR 4000, so stepping down to 2T is basically like going out and buying 2G of 2700 yeh? i take it that the 3700+ is an E4 stepping... i had read artcials online about 4x512 at 400mhz but guess not a lol

Cheers again

Keep the Ideas coming

I doubt it will support 4x512MB @ DDR400, like NO 939 processors do that normally. And no, its not buying 2 gigs of PC2700, its just that for everything you do, your RAM takes about double the time (which is still fractions of a second, like cutting light speed to half doesn

Oh right cheers for that King, im a big battlefield 2 fan and i do alot of photoshop and dreamweaver, so the 2GB is mostly to help loading times of textures in battlefield and to speed up adobe software a little. So the i think the 2GB in battlefield 2 will be noticeable as ive tried 1.5GB of 2700 and it dramatically improves texture loading, and doesnt give me jutter from the page file. so i think i might go with the 2GB as at the moment my 3700+ is at 2.7.

Cheers King and Maka