6800 Gt Memory Clock Frequency

Sargon

I have a PNY 6800 GT AGP video card and the latest Nvidia drivers. My factory clock settings are 350/1000, but the Nvidia control panel shows them to be 350/2000. Is this anything to worry about, or is the display doubling the actual frequency?

If its got DDR its real clock will be 1000mhz and its effective will be 2000mhz.

no 6800gt will come clocked @ 2ghz :P heh, not even today's high end cards have that high memory

although he's right. Real clock=500mhz, effective=1000mhz

i have a feeling the nvidia driver doubled it thinking that it was the real clock.

no 6800gt will come clocked @ 2ghz :P heh, not even today's high end cards have that high memory

although he's right. Real clock=500mhz, effective=1000mhz

i have a feeling the nvidia driver doubled it thinking that it was the real clock.

It would have to be a cold day in hell (phase change cold or better) for someone to get a 6800GT to 2ghz. :D

Edited by BlitzBomb

its probable just a glitch install Rivatuner see if it gives you the same values

With the Nvidia control panel memory frequency set to 2000 MHz, RivaTuner shows it as 500 MHz (1000 MHz effective)... so it appears to just be a bug with the Nvidia control panel.