Looking For A Hobby

Guest inoa75

Honestly, WoW would be a great hobby for you to get into. Kills time, but isn't really something you and your son could do together.

Also, unless you like it in the Bronx, I would move out of NY. It is one of the most expensive places to live and on one income, I would assume that would be hard to support a family. I was just looking at one study that said Rockford, IL (1 hour north of me) is the best place to live (avg income vs cost of living). Plus, IMO, a more rural area would be better for your son growing up than NYC.

Find something that your son is interested in and get started in something you two can do together. I really wish that my dad could have stayed home with me all day when I was young.

Thanks for all the input guys! I like all your ideas, one of my favorites is building nitro cars but it pulls a lot of money :angry:

At the moment im going to focus more on my son as I cant have any more, and try to provide a better lifestyle for the fam. (out of NYC) hopefully by the end of this year. Fishing

rc nitro isn't THAT expensive when you're talking about 1/10th & 1/8th scale vechicles.

Its when you move up to 1/5th & 1/6th scale that things get really expensive

If you want a great magazine to learn about RC cars...i'd check out

http://rccaraction.com/

i used to subscribe to them for years back when i was into RC when i was younger...they're the largest RC mag in the world...so they should have lots of info that you'll find helpful :D

rc nitro isn't THAT expensive when you're talking about 1/10th & 1/8th scale vechicles.

Its when you move up to 1/5th & 1/6th scale that things get really expensive

If you want a great magazine to learn about RC cars...i'd check out

http://rccaraction.com/

i used to subscribe to them for years back when i was into RC when i was younger...they're the largest RC mag in the world...so they should have lots of info that you'll find helpful :D

True the cars arent that expensive initially, but after that little engine turns 30k rpms for 15 hours, you go through some mud, and you take em off a few jumps, parts start to break. And from experiece after one part breaks the whole car starts to fall apart. It really can end up to be a very expensive hobby, especially if you want to upgrade parts.

thats why after you use it each time, you go through a quick clean up & inspection of the car. That way you can clean any major dirt and if there are any bent/broken parts, they can be taken care of now & not later when they fail catastrophically & bring a few other parts with them as well