Computer Freezing

daniel

Well im not sure if this is the section to post this, but im having the following problems..

So today i got hoem form school started playing fifa, and sudenly, it froze, but 2 secs later, it un froze, then again but htis time for llike 10 secs, and then forever, so i had to reboot, after i rebooted, i was chatting on MSN, and the programs started to like open slowly, not minimizing, and then completly froze... :S

help plz...

***This has been happening on windows xp media center edition 2005, right now im on vista, testign if the samething will happen***

Hi,

A lot of things can potentially cause those symptoms BUT if they continue after a new install of Vista then I would suspect that some hardware drivers are not the best/compatible versions. Many people when installing an OS just allow Windows to find all the drivers for the Mobo/Hardware etc. And while Windows often does a compendable job of this, it is often very important to install the mainboard drivers that came with the Mainboard or are on the Mainboard manufacturers website. If the symptoms end after a fresh Vista install then you probably had some corrupt or infected code on your system.

Happy puting!

@ Daniel

I was looking at your specs on your profile, I notice how you didn't list your PSU.

Clear your CMOS, incase anything was overclocked or misconfigured in BIOS settings.

After that try to boot back into Windows and see if you are still experiencing freezing.

Good luck with your problem and remember, do NOT panic. When you panic, you tend to overlook the obvious.

**EDIT**

Before you clear the CMOS, I want to know if the freezing occurs in Safe Mode???

Edited by silkster