Sb Live! Software?

gotdamojo06

I have an old SB Live card, model number is ct4830, but I have no software for the card.

Do you guys know where I could get it? I went to their website and couldnt find what I need. I found a SB Live! Driver update, but when attempted to install, this error comes up.

"Sound Blaster Live! Series Windows Drivers not found, please install youyr Sound Blaster Live! Series CD before running this setup program"

Does anyone know where I could download the CD?

the problem with the creative site is that you can generally only download the DRIVERS and not the full application suite... and then the problem with the kX drivers is that not all cards are supported... and even if they are, they will only work well for music... movies are ok... but games you will almost certainly have issues with...

for my axp rig (htpc) i use the original creative drivers because it's a SB Live 5.1 Digital (SB0220 Dell OEM) which isn't fully supported by the kX drivers (channels not working properly)... for my music pc i use the kX drivers because it's a SB Live Platinum 5.1 (Emu 10k1) and i can make full use of the ASIO support and routing tables with music production software... for my main rig (SB Audigy2 ZS) i use either the official creative drivers (with original application suite from cd) or the YouP-Pax modified creative drivers IF they fully support OpenAL and other implementations in ALL games...

Edited by hardnrg

• 2 years later...

Greetz, I tried the links abouve but they are no longer active on the final target links, if it is because of space issues, I have storage space that will never expire for these downloads.

Meanwhile I too nedd the original CD softwares for two models of live cards that I have, the originals were lost in a home move and creative are not helping, even when offering to purchase. My models are CT14830 and CT4760.

The only help I go from Creative was they are prepared to sell me a replacement CD for my XFI card recently purchased, also CD missing in home move.

I have been a creative customer ever since they started, whne they forst took the market share from ADLIB (Remeber them anyone?).

I have a Yamaha card that is superb (over the top for gaming), so I guess this is one customer who will be buying anything but creaf from now on.

CREATIVE LABS, you have gotten too big for your boots. :smack:

meanwhile how can I get the software for the above cards?

for the CT4760, you should be able to get the full software suite by downloading and installing YouP PAX Live drivers... I can't remember which version, but there are many working links if you Google: youp pax live.

Possibly YouP PAX Live New Year is the most complete package...

I think you mean CT4830 for the other card. If this is the case, there's a good chance it is also supported by the YouP PAX application/driver packages