Keyboard Wont Work In Windows Setup, But Works In Bios.

Mr_Yuck

Title says it all. I'm trying to setup a system, and the keyboard works fine in the bios and command prompt, but when it gets to the windows xp setup, it stops responding all together, the numlock led stays lit. Hitting capslock, scroll lock, or numlock brings no change in the LEDs, but it does in the bios.

No response whatsoever, ctrl alt delete, tab, escape, nothing works.

Any ideas?

I've tried 2 ps2 keyboards, both directly to the PS2 port, and through a USB>PS2 adaptor. Same results for each and both, works in bios, not in windows (setup)

Title says it all. I'm trying to setup a system, and the keyboard works fine in the bios and command prompt, but when it gets to the windows xp setup, it stops responding all together, the numlock led stays lit. Hitting capslock, scroll lock, or numlock brings no change in the LEDs, but it does in the bios.

No response whatsoever, ctrl alt delete, tab, escape, nothing works.

Any ideas?

I've tried 2 ps2 keyboards, both directly to the PS2 port, and through a USB>PS2 adaptor. Same results for each and both, works in bios, not in windows (setup)

In my experience this is usually a sign that the system has locked up solid :) I'd guess probably bad hardware somewhere or a misconfigured setting...

FWIW this sounds like pretty much exactly what happened to my magical computer-in-the-cupboard, which turned out to be bad caps on the board. If it's brand new though then it's incredibly unlikely it's going to be that :)

Tried a straight usb keyboard with no luck.

Tried removing the newly installed memory, no luck

Hm.. could the removal of a pci parallel card (like the old printer connector) have anything to do with it?